Friday, June 12, 2009

Attended the Counselling class last Wednesday and the lecturer was touching on the topics of mental illness. He mentioned that some mental illness was inborn on the child, especially if there is any family history, it will carry over to the next generation.

I was quite disturbed when I heard about it or rather I could not accept the fact. A child is adorable, innocent and how could it be that they have mental illness even before they were born. I recalled the visitation I had to the mental hospital some years ago. The poor child's face and eyes are still in my image. I felt sorry for them and I wish they have the normal childhood every child deserves it..

Children are gift from God and they deserved to be protected and filled with love and care. They have not the ability to choose neither knowledge to choose the life they want and have when they were young. Their young life are determined by the adult that affected their growing life after. The adult has play a big part of the responsibilities on their child's life. It is never easy to be a parent (though I am not one), but one has to be responsibilities to another young life.

1 comment:

J.H said...

being a parent is a big responsibility. Too bad loads of parent trying to push their worldly agenda on their child rather than rear them the way God them wanted to be.