Friday, January 02, 2009

What is my gift?

Christmas day is over and how many presents have we received it?

Many...many...I believe it.

Looking at the presents many have received,

how much thought actually has the giver put in to present the gift to you?

Christmas present, gift exchange,

I felt it has become political and commericalise in this world.

Why did I say that?

Boss...oh! s/he is my boss. Must put in effort to get a big, expensive present so that I can impress myself and s/he will remember me.

Colleagues...not much influence...anything also can...any left over items I do not want?

Colleagues...that person will influence my promotion...better get something good for

him/her so that I will left a good impression with him.

Friends...acquaintenace...anything also can...not important person.

Friends...oh! s/he is an important person that will help in my job...get something

that s/he likes, so that s/he will help me when I need his/her help in my projects.

Others...not important...don't waste my time and money.

And the list carry on...

A simple gift yet it carry a lot of the giver's purpose and thoughts in it.

I wish Christmas is just a simple day, friends that come together for a simple meal, to give thanks to the Lord and the whole year blessing.

1 comment:

J.H said...

happy new year sis, looking forward for more blessing from your blog in this brand new year!