Saturday, October 04, 2008

pen vs computer - which one do you choose

Interviews...interviews...I have attended three job interviews for the past two weeks. I am always exhausted after each interviews, not because of the travelling time or the preparation time, rather it is the same answers for the same questions asked by each interviewers.

Usually the questions would be "why do you want to leave", "tell me your job scope", "what is your strenght and weakness", etc. There was one interview that asked me to fill up an application form where all the answer could be found in my resume and I do not like it.

I guess after having using the keyboard to type letters for so many years, I am kind of lazy or lack of patient to use a pen to write anymore. I read an article some times ago that said people have slowly forgot how to use a pen to write because we have been unkowningly depending the computer keyboard to replace the pen to write. The article said that there is no longer human touch or feeling in our writing. Well...I do agree with it and guilty with it. I am one of them who do not like to use pen to write. I remember I hate to write the three pages of essay during my exam, my hand will aching after half way thru the writing and my words will get bigger and ugly. Sometimes, I could not even figure out what I am writing. I wish the school will let me bring in my laptop and type, and print it. In fact, I find that it help the markers in their marking. She or he need not have to try to figure out what is the student trying to write or tell. Some times, I wonder whether the marker could figure out what the student is trying to write. How would they allocate mark if they could not figure out the handwriting? I wonder. Nevertheless, I do agree that computer could not always bring out the joy, sad or angry that our handwriting could tell.

1 comment:

J.H said...

hi sis, I hope your job interview went well. There is a lot of resource on why interviewer asking those question like "why you leave your job", "what your teammates think of you", "what is your greatest weaknesses". Many times they are looking at your personality and attitude on those answers. I did post it on my blog sometimes when I looking for another job.
Anyway, I wish you all the best finding the new job :-) God bless.

Jessica