A journey in the bus to work in the morning can be quite interesting to watch how people behavior themselves in the enclosed cubit.
There was a lady aboard the bus. She has a child in her arm with a maid holding on another child’s hand. She was standing near the window where there was a space for people to stand in the bus. A few seats beside her but all were occupied and no one gave up their seat to this lady.
Interestingly, the few seats which were occupied were meant for needy people and the occupier were healthy working people, at least they are strong to stand in the bus, with one exceptional, an old lady. Yet nobody gave up their seat to this lady. I guess these must be the thought that went thru their head.
"Should I give up my seat?"
"Someone will give up their seat to her."
"Pretend I did not see her."
"Quick, close my eyes and pretend sleeping."
“Too bad, you are too late”
“Sorry, I want to sit down”
Eventually someone gave up her seat for her. That person was not sitting on the needy seats, or sitting near to the lady. She was carrying a laptop havesack, a paper bag and a handbag; both hands are full and called her to take over her seat.
Guess who gave up the seat? Who could it be but ME!
1 comment:
bet singapore need a lot of people like you to make a difference!
Excellent job :-)
Post a Comment