Read in the The Straits Times, taste, 27, 1 June 2008, it said that bakeries and cafes in Singapore are nowadays offering upsized muffins and the business is good.
This upsizing phenomenon was happened 5 years ago in USA and it seem to be quite happening nowadays in Singapore where everything is also upsized from clothes to food and drink. It said that it is encouraging people to go for the larger size, leading people to become accustomed to the larger portions and hence, putting on more weight. Well, I thought we adult should know what is overeating versus greedy. Even though we might not go for the upsized, we still could overeating and put on weight (just a thought).
For a normal size muffin of 120g it has 420 calories (this is the size that I usually purchased from Han's at my office downstairs, but I always eat two...me too greedy), a 230g muffin has a 600 calories and an upsized muffin of 400g has a 1000 calories!! Wow...that is too high! If I will to take one upsized muffin, which mean I cannot eat for the rest of the day (scary).
It is a good news to some who love muffin, for eg people like me (hee...)...i do love muffins...but...upsized...might be too much for me. For those who dare to try and not afraid of calories, here you can find where to get that extra large muffins: Corduroy Cafe at #01-06, VivoCity, 1 Harbourfront Walk, Tel 63769895Cakes in Bloom at email christinekoh@cakesinbloom.com or call 62935531
Bliss Haven Muffins at Blk 127, Lorong 1, Toa Payoh, #02-34, Tel: 62524323
Missy Muffins at #02-134, Amoy Street Food Centre, Tel 92235734
**************************************************************************
Should I get one upsized muffin and try? I still could not resist the temptation...
No comments:
Post a Comment