My heart goes to Myanmar whenever I read the news how the people had suffered and was suffering. Since the Cyclone Nargis struck on May 3, there are so little help we can do. Many relief teams and volunteers are not able to reach the people, many donation are stuck at some where or no where. In addition, behind the scenes, there are too many politics issues on it that add on the suffering of the people.
Read in the The Straits Time today that at least 130,000 dead or missing and between 1.6 million and 2.5 million homeless. My heart was so painful when I read it. The people of Myanmar has suffered a lot and life has not been improved for some or most of them, I will say it, in fact it has gone worst after the Cyclone Nargis.
Sometimes, I just wondering how long Myanmar is going to be in such situation. I think it will takes years, in fact I will say countless years and generations to improve the living standard of the people and the country.
Out of sudden, I thank God that I am living in Singapore!
No comments:
Post a Comment