Wow...I could not believed it when i finished my 10km maranthon run on 3 Dec 07 at 1hr 20min. My eyes tears when I reached the finishing line. It was a personal goal set since last year to participate in the 10km run and I DID IT!
Along the 2km run, my shoe lace was loose and I dropped the time chit which was used to record my running time and was tied on my shoe lace. I was so sad when I realised that I had dropped my time chit. I will be fined $50 for loosing the time chit and more importanly I was worried that I might not be able to receive the medal since there won't be any time recorded. My effort on running the race and my dream to get the medal might be gone.
I was hesitated and thought whether I should gave up or to continue with the run. I kept looking back the 2km ran I had finished and thought whether I should ran back and look for the time chit. Eventually I decided to continue with the run without looking for the time chit. The remaining 8km was a tough run for me, cos my thought was still on the time chit I had lost it and it affected my running. The hestiation and not able to concentrate on the run has resulted one of my knee tissues torn. Yet, when I looked back, if I had ran back the 2km and looked for my time chit, I will not have finished the run and fulfiled my goal. Life is exactly like the run. What was lost, there was no point looking back and looked for it, you might not find it anymore. What lies ahead is a long journey which you need to run and there are still many obstacles, ups and downs which we have yet to see and we need to complete the journey. If we keep ponding on the past and looking back what was lost and forgot what was ahead of us, it will be just like what had happened to my knee. It hurt deeper and take longer time to heal. I might need to rest my leg for a couple of months to heal my torn tissue before I can run again.
What lies ahead of you is important than keep looking back what you have lost.
1 comment:
woowww... congrats!!! YOU DID IT..!!!
Post a Comment