Thursday, December 20, 2007

Righteouness - The book of Romans Chapter 12

The book of Romans was written by the Apostle Paul and some of the key verses I have identified are: (1) Rm 12:12 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; (2) Rm 12:14 Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not. (3) Rm 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. (4) Rm 12:20 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. (5) Rm 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good. The above 6 key points caught my attention at last Sunday during the service when Pastor was preaching the book of Romans chapter 13 (apology for not paying attention to your preaching, Pastor, when you were preaching Romans chapter 13 and I was pondering over Roman chapter 12). I recalled the time when I went through the crisis in my marriage. I was frighten, alone and hopeless, not knowing how to handle the situation by myself. Every single action and thought that I took just do not work out the way I want it. I could not feel the joy when I prayed to ask God to guide and help me, I was impatient while waiting for His guidance and answer to my prayer. I prayed aimlessly with all the purpose only wanting my prayer to be answered. I stopped listen to God and my life was totally destroyed. One day I took the step to sit down and listen to God. I prayed and handed all the wearies and thoughts to Him. I felt the peace and I decided to hand the marriage over to God to settle it for me. I could not handle it anymore. Right now, when I recalled back the situation, I can understand when God said "Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer;". I went through the situation, hoping for miracle to happen, patient when situation turned out not what I want and pray every seconds and minutes. It was tough and I realised that I should not hold back anymore, but let God handle the situation. If back then, I have not let go this marriage, I guess my life now will be worst than then. We as a human nature will hate and curse our enemies. It is not easy to love your enemy, trust me. I was thinking that God must be crazy to teach me to "Bless them which persecute you: bless, and curse not." I could not love my enemy, in fact I should chose to hate him and I was thinking that I must be cracy not to hate my enemy. Now, when I recalled back, I understand why God said so. Believe me, it is not easy to curse your enemy, infact, it is easy to love your enemy. You will have to carry the thoughts of hate with you always, it hurt your health and kill your brain cells to have always the hurt. When I decided to pray for him, I realised that I am more happy and my thoughts are more healthy. Don't be overcome by the evil, but evil overcome good. It is not my duty to curse people, it is God's job. He has more power and strength then me to handle it. I have took the step to pray and ask God for His mercy and grace to him.

No comments: