Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Position wanted

Requirement:

Must be physically and mentally fit

Able to switch roles as and when it required

Able to work 24 x 7

Able to multi task

Having taking care of my 17 month old niece full time for the past 4 days had I realised that it was not an easy job. I understood now what people had always said that being a mother was a demanding job and it require 24 x 7 mentally and physically fit person to fit the role.

You are a playmate, discipline master, cook and cleaner to the child all at the same time. Multiple tasking is the word to describe the role.

She will climb up and down the sofa, pick up things on the floor and put it into her mouth, yet the next moment, she will smile at you which melted your heart.

During meal time, you have to make funny face and sound to attract her to open her mouth so that you can "throw" the food quickly into her mouth before she closed her mouth.

Your eyes are never out of her sight, cos the next moment you realised that she has turned the kitchen into a play ground where all the plates, bottles, broom and pail have became her toys.

I was totally drained after the last day looking after my niece, nevertheless, it was a joyful moment to spend with her, seriously speaking from my heart.

2 comments:

J.H said...

sister, welcome to my world hehehe... :D

Carrot n Veg Thought said...

Hi Jessica
I think me nothing compared with you. I take my hat off to all mother, including you.