Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the poor and the rich

The recent kidney trading has created quite hot topics between the government and the people on the street. Should we legalize organ trading?

I personally do not agree to organ trading.

One person has two eyes, two ears, two arms, two legs, two kidneys, one liver, one heart, one brain, one nose; in fact, every part of our body is a part of an organ business.

I could not image the day where there is this place set up selling different parts of the organs. Different sections set up to sell different part of the organs and you see queue waiting for either to buy or to sell their organs.

I could not image the day where one person’s professional career is trading organs.

I could not image the day where every one starting queuing at the hospital to sell their organ because they need money.

I could not image people will be force to sell their organ because their family needs to live.

I could not image people start buying organs because they did not take care of their health in the first place and now they want to live longer.

Now, back to the fundamental reason why do people is selling their organs?

MONEY IS THE ISSUE!

In a trade, there is always a buyer and a seller, a demand and a supply. From the recent case, I saw two different persons, the buyer and the seller.

The buyer is a rich man that

has the money to buy anything he wants

has the money to live luxury

has the money to eat shark fin and bird nests

has the money to prolong his life but…

does not have the life to live longer and enjoy his wealth

The seller is a poor man that

has the good health to work

has the good health to live

has the good health to trade

does not have the money to live comfortably

Interestingly, one has money but does not has life, one has life but does not has money.

Which man will I choose to be?

Life and money…both are important…but I only can choose one.

Without life I won’t be able to enjoy my fruit

Without money I still can work and earn to enjoy the simple life I have.

I will choose life!

No comments: