I love steam food, cos it is one of the healthiest ways to cook. It preserves the important nutrients in the food, stir-frying, boiling, grilling and other high-temperature heating methods destroy many important nurtrients. More importantly, I did not have to wash the kitchen if I steam the food, you know what I mean, the oily and sticky stuff on the kitchen wall, the amount of washing detergent to wash the utensils just to get rid of the oily stuff.
If you are thinking of getting one, try to get one with the easy water fill tank rather than you have to lift up the tray to fill the water. It is too hot to lift up the tray to fill the water, if you are thinking of refilling the water. It does not matter whether the steamer trays are transparent or not. Once the steam is up, you cannot see anything. Just set the timing correctly for your food and you can left it there to cook it. Whether you are getting 2-tier or 3-tier, it really depend on your demand, of course, with 3-tier it mean you can steam more, or else a 2-tier will serve you good.
I find it convenience to use electric food steamer cos people like me who work late and tired after a day of work, feel like having some home cook food after so many days of foodcourt food, lazy to take out the wok, pot and rice cooker to cook just a simple meal, especially the number of dishes I have to wash after the meal. The electric food steamer served me well. I would prepared the food in the morning and left it in the fridge, at night when I reached home, I just simple took it out from the fridge and leave it to the steamer to do the cooking and I can have a good meal after a bath. Ins't it wonderful to have a good home cook meal!
No comments:
Post a Comment